Hello, friends! If you’ve been around here a little bit you know we have some incredibly Concept Designers here at Fun Stampers Journey. They create beautiful projects for our catalog, our blog, social media and more! We love what they create and know you do, too! Would you like to know more about them? Well, let’s not delay, we have far more interesting facts to come!
We asked each of these ladies the same nine questions:
- Perhaps a tough one first – what is your favorite page in the catalog, and why?
- What is your go-to technique when you’re designing a card?
- Favorite new collection – Good Life, RSVP, Colorful Journey?
- What is your favorite NEW color (rustic rose, tin pail, haystack, chambray shirt, peaches and cream, fresh sage), and why?
- You’re invited to a last minute, casual summertime soirée – what giftie using new catty party items do you pull together quickly to appropriately thank the party host?
- Are you all about that planner life, or more into memory keeping goodies – and why?
- What is your favorite washi tape set?
- Favorite Bloom Benefit?
- City and State where you live, and how long have you been designing for FSJ?
- Favorite Page is 50, blooms landing page. I love the staging, the cards as plant picks are super cute. And of course, my favorite section is blooms!
- My go-to is to begin with a white card base as I like to keep things fresh and clean. From there I pick my color palette based on the color of my images. I almost always use some ribbon or twine and add finishing touches with rhinestone, pearls or sequins.
- Hard question as I like images from each collection. But if I had to chose, I’d say The Good Life. There is a perfect mixture of florals, images and sentiments. And of course the new paper flowers and ribbons are in this collection!
- Rustic Rose is my favorite. It’s the perfect shade of rose and I’m always happy to have more pinkish colors in our palette!
- I love the new food grade Window Box! I would make some cute cookies or mini cupcakes and decorate the box to match the theme of the party!
- I’m not much of a planner or memory keeping girl.
- My favorite washi tape set is the Classic Elegance. Perfect as a group or individual, the shiny silver, sparkly dark gray and the classic black polka dots! Perfection in a set.
- Hands down, no question, my favorite Bloom Benefit is the Tiny Dot embossing folder. It’s a perfect way to add subtle texture to your project.
- I live in Aloha, a suburb of Portland Oregon with my husband and 2 boys age 13 and 14. I’ve been an FSJ designer for just over 3 years and have loved every minute!
- Page 296! The Baby Envelope die is adorable on its own, but as a scrapbooker, it is a perfect size to add to 6×8 pages to create layers with more die cutting and accessories. And how cute that it fits our Pocket Pages?! Another perfect place to layer and add journaling tucked inside. I think this page shows the versatility of this cute little gem!
- Oh, this is a tough one for me with my eclectic style, but I would say finding ways to create backgrounds to start my cards using either the gel press, inks, embossing folders, die plates, or even layers of cardstock and printed paper.
- Yikes, how to decide! I have to go with Colorful Journey because color has always been the a focus in my creating.
- Killing me with tough questions! While I gasped at the peaches and cream, I am going to go with tin pail as my new favorite. I love the possibilities of this new softer grey!
- I love making little pretties and happies to give to away. I would reach for the Mini Canvas Bags, the Flower Shower stamp set, and the Pretty Posies clips!
- Ah!! They are both my heart! Memory keeping is something I do from the heart, and is very important to me to document not just about my daughter but our family. Then the creative side of me is pulled into planner life because it balances both. I can use my planner for important dates, obviously, but it offers a unique creative outlet different from other projects, while also being a memory planner for me.
- Gotta say the Simply Gold because I tend to reach for that one the most. Great for planners!
- The Poppy Bud Die Set!! While creating projects for the catalog, I reached for that one a lot! Adorable!!
- I live in Mandeville, Louisiana, just north, about 40 miles, from New Orleans. I worked as a contract employee for a year before becoming a part-time employee for FSJ almost two years ago.
- Page 208 is my favorite. The color combination is so bright and cheerful, and it makes me want to celebrate! The photography is perfection – those balloon animals are DARLING! Let’s party!!!
- I almost always complete my projects with three little doodads. Whether it’s sequins, dots, or sparkles, three little pops of color tend to be my finishing touch!
- Without a doubt, RSVP. It’s such a fresh spin on florals. The fonts, the embossing folders, the dies – it’s just perfection.
- Haystack is my favorite!
- Pop a tiny potted succulent into the Angled Cup, and wrap it with ribbon. Attach one of the adorable tags from our new tag sets, and it’s the perfect summer gift for the hostess with the mostest!
- Memory keeping – I love printing small photos to put in our Journey Days albums. Pocket pages feel like cute little windows to dress up and fill with sweet mementos, photos, and embellishments.
- Simply Gold – it’s perfect on almost EVERY project!
- My Sunshine Die Set – I’m already using this on ALLLLL the projects. Layered together, or used individually, I adore each of the three dies.
- I live in Jacksonville Florida and have worked for FSJ for 3 years (started March 2015).
- Page 112/113 because the I love everything about the projects, the way the background stamps have been used on the projects, the color combinations along with the layering and embellishing….it is all totally my jam.
- Lots of layers and texture and always embellishments!
- Colorful Journey
- Lunch Box filled with Lemon Drop Satin Ribbon, Toucan Stickers, Pop of Color Tape, Mini Greetings ATS
- Memory Keeping Goodies because my roots are with memory keeping. I’ve been memory keeping for 18+ years, although lately I’ve been *trying* to blending my memory keeping with my planning. The jury is still out on that one though.
- Candy Apple Journey Tape
- That’s a hard one! It’s a toss up between the All Stars Embossing Folder and Every Moment ATS
- I live in Columbus, OH and have been designing for FSJ since March 2015
- My favorite page in the catalog is #192. I am sure this is because I had so much fun creating all of the fun Luau themed projects! I also had the opportunity to help shoot this one. By the time I finished making projects for the Luau pages, I really was ready to throw a party myself!
- When finishing a card, I almost always ask myself if it needs one of the following, foam squares, for more dimension, journey glaze, or silk. I almost always add at least one of the three.
- I love our new collections! Since I have to pick just one, I would say that Good Life is my favorite. It is so jam packed with goodies! From new colors to new embossing folders, and the beautiful new paper, it is just loaded. I am really loving the new window die.
- I am quite fond of Peaches and Cream. I definitely feel it has filled a need in our color offerings. I love pairing it with Rustic Rose for a romantic feel and Cool Pool for a fresh and clean feel. Still playing and experimenting with all of the possibilities.
- I am loving the convenience of our new party goods boxes. I would probably throw together a fun and festive tag and tie it around the angled cup with a big fluffy bow. I would fill it with a cello bag of yummy, colorful goodies.
- I love it when I can meld the two together. I love our Planner Moments photo sleeves. Life gets so crazy busy sometimes. Being able to capture memories in the midst of it all is so important. This helps me stay on top of it.
- I am a sucker for the polka dots in the Classic Elegance Journey tape. Those little dots look good on so many projects!
- My favorite Bloom Benefit is the My Sunshine die set. This little set of three dies can be used so many ways and I have made and seen so many cute cards with these. This is an awesome little set.
- I have been designing for FSJ for two years.
- My favorite page in the catalog is 138. I think all the land pages are just fantastic, since they are a preview of the following pages and in only one page you can have a sneak peek of the great products that you are about to see. On page 138, there are three masculine cards displayed over a clean background, which makes the colors and fabulous images stand out.
- I love making my own backgrounds for my cards, any technique is good… and I love using Journey Glaze all the time over sentiments and to enhance some of the images.
- My favorite new collection is The Good Life, because all the images and the whole concept of the collection are trendy!
- I love all the new colors, but if I have to choose one it will be Fresh Sage, because is a color that reminds me of nature.
- Probably the Snack Box, Tag set, Ribbon, Tickle Pink stamp set along with a Thank You sentiment.
- I like both since you can use pockets on either one. But lately, I think I have done more of the planner life. I love the idea of using your planner, as a way to keep your memories and special events documented in just one place without spending a lot of time on making them stand out.
- My favorite washi tape is the Classic Elegance Journey Tape. I can never have enough of that polka dot tape!
- My favorite Bloom benefit from the new catalog is the Tiny dot embossing folder.
- I live in Antioch, Illinois. I have been designing for FSJ for one year as a contract employee and about two happy crafty years as a crew member!
Isn’t that so fun to read about our favorite designers? It’s wonderful getting to know them all a bit better. Make sure you check back here soon as we continue to share more inspiration, especially projects with brand new sets!